Saturday, June 21, 2014

Thing 7: Content Saving and Sharing

I have been a Pinterest user ever since they opened up their site to all users. Originally, they made it so you could only use it if you were "invited" by another pinner.  How elitist, I thought!

Anyway, when I began using it, all my librarian dreams of organizing internet content came true. It also appeals to my visual learning style. 

I have found tons of great ideas on it and enjoy seeing what my friends pin. I used to go on it frequently, but now I mostly use it to look up ideas (jewelry organizer was a recent search) or to browse  the "outdoor" and "diy" categories.

After a while, I do get annoyed about how the same stuff tends to appear as it is pinned and re-pinned by others.

Overall, it is an app that is very useful personally and professionally. I have found good teacher resources there and have posted some of my own ideas (like the Bookie Monster).




No comments:

Post a Comment